Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is promulgating regulations that address, among other things: (1) standards for the privacy of individually identifiable health information; (2) security standards to protect the confidentiality and integrity of health information and the information technology used to store, process, and transmit such data; and (3) standards for administrative transactions and data elements exchanged electronically that are consistent with the goals of improving the operation of the health care system and reducing administrative costs.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Customceutical Compounding does not disclose non-public personal medical and financial information, except as required or permitted by law. Customceutical Compounding will ensure that its practices and standards comply with HIPAA and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Customceutical Compounding will work with appropriate regulatory and accreditation agencies to ensure consistency between Customceutical Compounding policies and HIPAA. Customceutical Compounding will uphold the higher privacy standard when there is a conflict between applicable state and federal regulations.
Personal Information Received:
We receive non-public personal medical and financial information about patients from the following sources:
- Applications, consents, authorizations and other forms provided by you, or your authorized representative;
- Documentation collected during you care (test results, physician orders, etc.);
- Billing and payment transactions (such as claims submission with insurance companies and payment) with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Outside sources pertaining to your care or coverage, such as health care providers, insurance companies and federal and state agencies.
Our policy restricts access of your personal information to employees who have a need to know such information as permitted by law. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with legal requirements to protect your non-public personal medical and financial information.
Customceutcial Compounding has undertaken an initiative to educate its officers, employees, volunteers and others about HIPAA compliance. This training includes an annual refresher course in privacy and confidentiality.
Use of Individually Identifiable Health Information
We use medical and financial information to provide and facilitate treatment, collect payment for services and conduct health care operations.
Customceutical Compounding may, as permitted by law, make discretionary public health disclosures of protected health information if, in its judgment, public safety is believed to be at risk.
Customceutical Compounding may use employee medical and financial information for contacting you to provide information about health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
Other uses of your information may require separate written authorizations from you.
- The right to authorize disclosure of your protected health information to third parties;
- The right to revoke previously authorized disclosures;
- The right to request limited disclosure of your health information;
- The right to inspect and copy your protected health information;
- The right to amend information;
- The right to request a listing of personnel who have accessed your information; and
- The right to request to be placed on a mailing list to receive notice of updates to Customceutical Compounding Privacy Notices.
At Customceutical Compounding, you have the following rights:
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, wish to request personal disclosure documentation or to confidentially report an incident, please call 480-516-0272 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Customceutical Compounding will respond to your request. Requesting information or reporting an incident will not adversely affect your care at Customceutical Compounding.
For more information on HIPAA or in the event of a complaint, you may also contact the HHS Office Inspector General Hotline.